Sunday, March 21, 2010

SATURDAY SILVER SCREEN SCRUNITY...


I know it is Sunday... I wanted to go ahead and write this review. The reasons why? This movie is great... the movie you may ask "Equilibrium"

This movie I would label a "man" movie. When I say "man" movie I am speaking of those movies that make you stand and say I only wish I was able to do that, or ouch, or I feel more manly after watching that movie (dont get me wrong I am secure with the man that I am).

Anyway...

In this movie we follow the life of the Top Level Cleric (Elite Solider) of all... John Preston (Christian Bale). In this post world war 3 world we find out that there is a man named "Father" that has a totalitarian grip on all. Now we see that all is being held into order by elite soldiers. Of course in any movie that has one ruling force there is an underground that is trying to over through the "father" of their world. The one that is trying to control all must use some kind of brain wash to control the minds of the minions. In this we see that all that are under the control has a shot that they must inject themselves. We see early in the film that any history is to be burned because it can drive emotion. Also we find out that John Preston has no remorse when He has to kill his partner (Sean Bean) for having a book. After this surprising kill John Preston is coupled with Taye Diggs' character Brandt. Now Brandt seems to have a man crush (or just admires) John Preston... But there is more than meets the eye with this one. A twist starts to occur when John Preston drops a dose of the mind control and starts understand the concept of Feeling... Take the time to watch this highly action packed suspense movie.

This 2002 flick was over shadowed by the likes of "the Matrix". The graphics are not the greatest but the film is great. I rate this film a 3.2 out of 5 stars.

Until next time...


1 comments:

Seth said...

This was such an awesome movie...and definitely a Man movie. Good review too!